Tuesday 18 March 2014

From Hong Kong

I was just in Hong Kong. 

I went on planes.
I took the metro with my Octopus card.
I took trams that went almost vertically into the sky.
I took ferries with reversible backed benches.
I took a cable car into the clouds (fog).
I walked in Jackie Chan's steps and the gold glittery floor of the Hong Kong Exhibition & Conference Centre.
I took Christmas coloured busses and I even rode the world's longest escalator.

But no bikes.

So I did what I always do when I miss my bike, I take pictures of other bikes.

Hong Kong doesn't quite have the cycling culture we have here in London. The only bikes you really see are delivery bikes and even they are scarce.

I came home and it was spring in London. Still, I managed to bring a bit of Hong Kong's magical fog back for my first commute back through London.

No comments:

Post a Comment